Eastlake & Stick Styles (1860-1910)
Defining Elements of the Eastland & Stick Styles:
- Gable or hip roof with projecting eaves and exposed framing.
- Simulated framing on exterior walls, especially in the gable end.
- Symmetrical or asymmetrical façade.
- Side hall or center hall plans.
- Porches with roofs supported by columns with diagonal bracing.
- Projecting bays or upper stories are common.
- Singular or paired windows. 2/2 sashes are common.
- Wood frame.
- Usually wood shingles or board siding.