Colonial Revival (1880 - 1930)
Defining Elements of the Colonial Revival Style:
- Rectangular form, usually symmetrical façade.
- One or two stories.
- Hip, gable or gambrel roofs. Gambrel types are referred to as Dutch Colonial Revival.
- Accentuated front door, often with a portico or pediment supported by pilasters.
- Windows are usually multi-pane sashes commonly grouped in pairs. A single pane in the lower sash is common.
- Porches and enclosed sunroom additions with columns or pilasters are common.
Examples of Colonial Revival Style Architecture in Greater Portland: